Shipping Updates & Information
DOMESTIC SHIPPING UPDATES (Australia wide)
For all updates for Australia Post click here.
9 September 2020
With our business adapting to the challenges the current pandemic presents, our normal practice of delivery has been impacted.
There are delivery delays in our network due to:
- reduction in air freight capacity and passenger flights (which also carry our parcels)
- a significant increase in parcels volumes, many which require manual sorting
- hygiene and social distancing requirements in our network (such as social distancing through zoning, dedicated shift start times to reduce cross over of workers)
Victoria destined parcels
With the massive demand and current workforce capacity constraints in Victoria, we foresee an additional 3 day delay for deliveries in Victoria. This is both within and into Victoria.
Express Post delays
As a result of these unprecedented circumstances, our Express Post service is seeing significant delays in delivery. This means that while we continue to prioritise Express Post, and most parcels shipped via this service arrive on time, some could take five business days or more to reach their destination. We know these delays are frustrating, and we’re doing everything we can to keep delivering as safely and quickly as possible.
Our tracking tool provides you with the most accurate guidance on estimated delivery dates and advises you of any delays while your parcel is in transit. StarTrack customers should visit the StarTrack tracking tool.
What we're doing
- Operating our processing and delivery services seven days a week as required to meet demand
- Staff in our processing facilities are working staggered shifts to safely expedite processing and delivery
- Chartered an additional eight freighter flights, increasing this to 17 dedicated air freighter flights per day
- Repurposed and opened 16 new processing and delivery facilities
- Hiring more than 600 casual staff into our network and call centres and currently redeploying 2000 posties to deliver more parcels
- Moving more parcels through our road network (to accommodate domestic flight restrictions)
- Exploring all available transport alternatives and options, and working with the Australian Government, to minimise impacts for customers
In some cases, we're having to process and deliver from an alternate location and customers may notice when tracking their parcel, that it is coming from a different location to what they are used to.
Our people continue to work tirelessly under difficult circumstances, so we’re asking everyone to be kind and treat our dedicated people with the courtesy and respect they deserve – whether it be in a call centre, Post Office or dropping your delivery off. Aggressive and abusive behaviour towards our people will not be tolerated. Thank you for your patience.
We have opened our shipping internationally at the moment we are sending to the following countries;
United States of America
We have partnered with DHL Express International to ensure your orders are delivered as quickly as they possibly can in the current world climate with delays, restrictions with freight flights from Australia to the world we are keeping an eye on updates from DHL but we are excited to be able to finally offer this service for you.
For any updates for DHL Express click here.
Any questions regarding shipping please email us; email@example.com