join the biglittlethings family.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR A MARKETING ASSISTANT
TO JOIN OUR LITTLE TEAM.
This position’s primary focus is to create an organised and supportive environment for our team and our business as a whole. The role is also a support role for our founder, to help her create consistent content for our social channels including website & email marketing.
HOURS/PLACE OF WORK
This role will be a Casual role based primarily in our studio office in Yarraville, Victoria so applicants need to be able to travel to & from this location.
The successful candidate will be required to work additional hours during campaigns & product launches that happen a few times per year. This position will report directly to our Founder while also working closely with other key members of our small team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Our Marketing Assistant will be responsible for support to our founder in addition you will;
- Create & update marketing calendars, project plans & content planners through Asana.
- Create batch content that can be repurposed for blogs, emails, social posts, reels, tiktok.
- Video content creation specifically for Instagram, tiktok & Pinterest.
- Schedule social media content
- Content creation specific for email marketing.
- Klaviyo administrative tasks for the Founder.
- Monthly blog content planning.
- Review email materials and blog posts prior to distribution for accuracy.
- Weekly communication & planning via weekly Zoom or in person meetings with the founder.
- Assist founder with Influencer/PR marketing and collaborations
- Implementation and curation of monthly marketing reports
If you have experience in the following areas, it’s looked upon favourably.
- Experience in the E-commerce industry or Baby & Mother industry
- Social Media Marketing including Instagram, TikTok, & Pinterest.
- Photography/Videography skills (iPhone, DSL camera etc)
- Flodesk &/or Klaviyo
- Google Suite (mail, docs, drive, calendar)
- Facebook Ads Manager & Accounts.
- Google Ads
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Resourceful & organised.
- Strong attention to detail, strong passion for creativity & brand building.
- Someone who loves social media & creating content that tells a brand’s story.
- Has an eye for the biglittlethings aesthetics & want to uphold this
- Confidence in taking photos & video content & doing basic editing yourself.
- Has their finger on the pulse with social media content & channels
- Handles tight deadlines
- Works well with other people and can build rapport quickly with both team members and contractors.
- Takes ownership and pride in their work
- Adapts really well to changes on-the-go
- Technologically savvy
- Ability to take on direct feedback and course-correct as necessary
- Have the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously -- get things done, meet deadlines, and keep promises
- The ability to present ideas and metrics clearly and concisely
- Coachable/no ego -- happy doing high-level projects as well as mundane administrative tasks (there will be a mix of both!)
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solving skills
The Marketing Assistant position will be a casual position 1-2 days per week (6-8 hrs total) depending on the successful candidate.
If you feel you are a perfect fit for this position, see the details below.
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st July, 2022 with the following details:
- your cover letter and a PDF of your resume
- 2-3 sentences on why you’re a perfect fit for this position and why we should hire you.
- BONUS examples of any content creation you have done or worked on personally or professionally if applicable this could also be links to your social media profiles.
This is a perfect role for someone who is studying marketing or a creative with a business mentality / someone who wants to learn from an established Founder / a return to work mama who is wanting to do a day or two a week instead of returning to full time hours.
Want to learn a little bit more about biglittlethings? Keep reading.
An online experience store of all the biglittlethings you need for baby & mama. From Curate Your Own Gift, starting your gift registry or simply ticking off your list of essentials.
Our vision is to be the destination to turn to for the best in baby & mama products that are curated consciously whilst taking out the overwhelm when it comes to gift giving or when you're pregnant & needing to tick off your list of things for you & baby.
My name is Yanika & I’m the Founder, Curator & Owner of biglittlethings. I have two girls, 3yo & a 9mo so I’m doing the daily juggle of running a business & being a mama. I started biglittlethings after I was pregnant with our first in 2018 & saw a gap in the market for needing a beautiful space to choose from a curated collection of beautiful & practical products that is an amazing gifting experience for yourself or for someone special. I also wanted to give back to Hyperemesis Australia who helped me so much for both my HG pregnancies so we donate 5% of our profits to them & it’s something so close to my heart.
OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN ROLE