Firstly, we acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land upon which we run our business, the Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung and Bunurong peoples of the Kulin Nation and pay our respect to their Elders, past, present and emerging.
We support Black Lives Matter & as a business are anti racist.
We also want to recognise & apologise that our feed doesn’t represent the diversity of our customer, community, & world. But we are going to change that.
Our biglittle actions;
- we have set up monthly reoccurring donations to the following organisations in Australia.; Indigenous Literacy Foundation & the Rhodanthe Lipsett Indigenous Midwifery Charitable Fund.
As well as donating to Waminda’s Birthing On Country go fund me, Grass Roots Law & we will continue to look at more ways we can donate & more orgnisations we can support.
- we will work with Black & Indigenous mothers as well as sharing their stories on our journal, & we want to seek out Indigenous photographers & creatives for future campaigns.
- we also want to make very clear; this is not going to be a token representation, we want to & will work with various mothers & babies that represent Black, Indigenous & other diverse families consistently.
this is not a bandaid this is ingrained in our business plan & building our own campaigns & content with the products we stock.
- we are committed to ensuring at least 30% of our social media, campaigns, website imagery & future collaborations will be Black & Indigenous mama’s, babes & families.
- Mama’s in America & UK, we have every intention to collaborate & work with you when restrictions on freight & shipping are eased & we can open up international shipping again.
- we will continue researching ways to amplify Black Lives Matter & we have been listening & following some incredible mama’s who we hope to connect with in the future.
- we are currently working with BIPOC content creators who we have also worked with donating to organisations in the US.
So far we have donated to;
Kalauokekahuli, The Love Land Foundation & MMIWhoismissing
And we will continue to add to this list.
We are a relatively new small business run by an Australian mama who knows the privilege & platform we have on here. And don’t want to continue forward without actions.
There is a wealth of knowledge out there & we will continue to seek out our own learning’s to unlearn behaviours & systems in our country, industry & world & look forward to creating the space we always want biglittlethings to be which is a space that celebrates motherhood.
This is a long term plan & we are open to suggestions & feedback & will continue to listen & learn with open minds & hearts.